Friday, November 18, 2005

First such nonsense...

And I mean it. This isn't my first created blog, but it is the first one I've posted to (and the only one still in existence). My main reason, initially, for this blog is to:

A. Post Sammie's question thingy - just cuz I want to
B. Receive the adoration and attention from my adoring fans

Now, I'm expecting a lot more from reason A, but I've been told that I should start a blog for a long time which has done nothing for my ego and was a driving force behind reason B. My reasoning for
not starting a blog before now was/is simple: I'm lazy and may not update on a regular basis. But I figure I'll give it a shot and try to update once or twice a week. Maybe. And probably more often here at the beginning. Maybe. So without further ado, I'll hit reason A.

Two Names You Go By: Babe (wife), Carl (everyone else)

Two Parts of Your Heritage: a small bit of Dutch and a larger bit of Texan (although I personally claim North Dakota as my home state)

Two Things That Scare You: I'm not a big fan of cockroaches and Virginia drivers in the winter are scary

Two of Your Everyday Essentials: e-mail, wife (probably not in that order)

Two Things You Are Wearing Right Now: my "computer" glasses, the watch I misplaced for a month

Two of Your Favorite Bands or Musical Artists: Great Big Sea (if you haven't heard them, you should), Acapella (the group)

Two Things You Want in a Relationship: Trust, laughter (both of which I have)

Two Truths:
God makes his existence obvious for those that look, Mentos are
not the freshmaker

Two Things You Hate (or rather dislike with a passion):
I "strongly dislike" most Country music, and habitually stupid people irritate me (I may occasionally do stupid things, but it's come and go - not continuous)

Two Physical Things that Appeal to You:
my wife, new technology

Two of Your Favorite Hobbies:
reading, watching movies

Two Things You Want Really Badly:
60 inch flat panel LCD TV, to procrastinate less (but I have time to fix that :-)

Two Places You Want to go on Vacation:
New Zealand, Europe/the Netherlands

Two Things You Want to Do Before You Die:
start my own usability company, be indepentently wealthy

Two Ways that you are stereotypically a Chick/Guy:
I'm not moody, illogical arguments annoy me

Two Things You Normally Wouldn't Admit:
I tend toward introversion, I actually
do know that I'm right and you're wrong... :-)

10 Comments:

At 11/18/2005 2:49 PM, Blogger crazykarl7 said...

So how about that Brad Johnson

 
At 11/18/2005 2:50 PM, Blogger JavaBoy said...

whoa. first Creed breaks up, now jeff has a blog...

 
At 11/18/2005 2:56 PM, Blogger Leann said...

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind." (Romans 12:2a)

Everyday Essentials: PROBABLY not in that order?????

ROCK ON CARL...the real one...for your comment! (Of course that will probably come back to bite me in the form of Carson Palmer.)

 
At 11/18/2005 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carl,

I am your #1 fan, and adoration does not do justice to my feelings...

 
At 11/18/2005 3:18 PM, Blogger Val said...

YEAH! welcome. I've found it's not too difficult so far to keep your blog updated, and if someone can email me you html to your web page I'll put your link on my blog.

 
At 11/18/2005 3:53 PM, Blogger Jeff Proctor said...

"Two Ways that you are stereotypically a Chick/Guy: I'm not moody, illogical arguments annoy me"

Best Answer EVER!

 
At 11/18/2005 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, except i think jeff is moody

just kidding =)

 
At 11/21/2005 7:59 PM, Blogger Shayna Willis said...

I thought you already had a blog: www.crazykarl7.blogspot.com ?

Welcome, Jeff! :-)

 
At 11/22/2005 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"B. Receive the adoration and attention from my adoring fans" Wouldn't it be more grammatically correct to say, "receive adoration and attention from my adoring and attentive fans"? I mean, if you're to receive adoration from adorers, wouldn't it make sense to receive attention from, uh, attenders? Just a thought...

 
At 12/01/2005 3:43 PM, Blogger Lady Arden said...

Welcome to the herd! Thanks for sending me the link. I've found this is a much easier way to keep up with people so you'd better update here or I'll have to post and pester you about it. Say hi to your wonderful wife from me too, ok? Cheers!

Ps. How'd you aquire the name Carl? Aren't your initials JDY? Thought I was on the wrong website at first. Oh wait, am I blowing your witness protection cover?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home