Friday, November 18, 2005

Minor annoyance

I've already found something to be annoyed at with this blogging thing. I don't really like any of the templates much. Some of you will notice that I changed templates between my first post and this one, and I'm sure I'll do it again sometime soon. I'm going to try and tweak the HTML, so we'll see how that works out.

The reason I chose the first template was that it was the only template that stuck the menu/navigation options along the left side of the screen (of course, the standard text size was huge, and that annoyed too). From a usability standpoint this makes sense and is a common feature/rule followed by most Western-based websites (Why? Western cultures read left to right - so when we're looking for navigation options we naturally tend to look left). However, the Blog templates predominately have the menu and navigation on the right side of the screen, which is a little counter intuitive. It's a little thing but as a person who deals with usability it's frustrating. Maybe it's just a Blog thing.

I believe the term "argh" is in order...

6 Comments:

At 11/18/2005 4:48 PM, Blogger Jeff Proctor said...

Nerd Alert! Nerd Alert!

Okay, seriously, I agree....and there will be some serious HTML manipulation to get these things cookin'

 
At 11/18/2005 5:12 PM, Blogger JavaBoy said...

Nerd Alert indeed! Just suffer through it like the rest of us...or wait til Steve Jobs designs a sleek new blog, that's thinner than a pencil, and will only last 2 years before an internal stack failure.

 
At 11/18/2005 5:19 PM, Blogger Jeff Proctor said...

Speaking of Steve Jobs. Do you guys know about the capacitor issue on the iMac G5's? Apparently these uncrashable wonder machines are not so wonderful after all.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

 
At 11/21/2005 10:55 AM, Blogger Leann said...

Don't look now, but your color scheme is that of the Alabama Crimson Tide. :)

 
At 11/22/2005 7:56 AM, Blogger crazykarl7 said...

I think all you have to do is flip the table. Ask an 8th grader to do it. They'll get it done in about 5 seconds.

 
At 11/22/2005 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why havn't you answered the silly profile question yet? I *love* those things!!

[Word verification = ustsu. Is that Klingon?]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home