Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Toilet Lid Sink and SmartTrips

Am I the only one that thinks this would be over kill? (or even a little odd to use)

Toilet Lid Sink

In other news, in the last month I have broken not one, but TWO SmartTrip cards. For those of not familiar with them, they are the plastic cards that are replacing the paper fare cards on the D.C. metro system. They use an RFID strip (or something similar) in the plastic, and apparently the smallest crack, anywhere on the card, will render it entirely useless.

On the first one, one corner snapped off entirely. I had to send it in and hope I get a new card back with the ~ $25 that was left on it. This morning another one I was using cracked. It doesn't even look like that bad a crack, but apparently it's enough since it won't work at all (for me OR the station manager, who made fun of me because he remembers helping me with the first broken card). So now I have to send in THIS one too...and hope I get back the $20 still on it. And these are not cheap cards - just getting a SmartTrip card is $5, which means I'm out $10 just from getting the new replacement cards they send me.

Argh.

3 Comments:

At 4/04/2006 11:21 AM, Blogger Val said...

I think the toilet/sink is really cool. Plus it reminds those people who are bad at washing their hands. (I'm not one of those people) I'd buy it!!

 
At 4/06/2006 9:31 AM, Blogger crazykarl7 said...

So do you have to have the plastic smart trip cards or do they still offer the paper ones?

I have 1 plastic one but with Shyana and I both riding the metro tomorrow, I don't think they will allow us to use the same card..and I really don't want to pay for a second freaking card.

Why can't they just go to the token system like in NY?

 
At 4/10/2006 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quit using 'em to pick your teeth! (...Just a thought)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home