Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Special Delivery

So last weekend I was supposed to go play Halo at the church building for Tim's last deathmatch in VA. I was running a little behind, and as I walked out the door I realized my keys weren't in my pocket. Doh. So I use a neighbor's cell phone to call Javaboy, The Cole, and Clay/Angie. None of them are available.

Instead of waiting around while my wife was out with the gals, I decided to walk about 1.5 miles to the shopping center up the road. At the very least I could watch a movie if I couldn't get to the church building. And then it hit me...pizza. I strolled into an Armand's Pizzeria and asked how far they delivered. It ended up that the church was just within their range. So I asked if I ordered two pizzas for delivery to the building, could I tag along and be "delivered" too. The supervisor said that if the driver was ok with it, so was he. Interesting...

However, while I was waiting for the return of the driver, I tried calling Javaboy again. He answered and ended up being about a mile up the road, which as most of you know is a little out of the way for him and his wife. They swung by and gave me a ride to the building for an evening of Halo. So I didn't get delivered with the pizza, but I could have.

True story.

3 Comments:

At 9/29/2006 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to have ya back. And now, as a two-fer! :)

 
At 9/30/2006 4:19 PM, Blogger Val said...

That was halarious!!! I would have never thought about that. That's awsome

 
At 10/10/2006 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw the commercial where they do this last night. The product being advertised is actually Captain Morgan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home