Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Links...

So, I'm still figuring out what I want to do with this blog. There are already blogs for heavy topics and blogs for random life stuff, both of which will probably enter this blog at one point or another. Maybe I'll just write about stuff I like and why. Of course, the techno babble that ensues will probably cause half my meager fan base to defect, but it'd still be fun for me.

In response to a couple of comments about the last post, I know I can customize the template, and I will in the upcoming weeks. I also plan to change the color scheme from Alabama colors ASAP. Trust Leann to point that out...

But today I'm going to talk, briefly, about the links I've added to the right of this post (see the previous post for why this is annoying). First is Google News. It's there by default and may go away later, but for now it's a good news site. If you like your top headlines quickly, try it.

Second and third are links to Sherman's Lagoon and Day by Day. Sherman's Lagoon is an amusing comic strip. It actually lands in my top 2 comics to follow on a regular basis along with Foxtrot (hilarious). Day by Day is a political strip with some interesting observations. Not always great, but interesting.

Delivr Digital Postcards is easily the best web postcard site I've found. It allows you to search Flickr.com's public photos (around 600,000 of them) and create a postcard to send. There are no lame/cheesy animations with a punch line (not that those aren't occasionally funny), but there are some interesting and amusing pictures to use. Just add your own words and send. Definitely worth checking out if you've browsed multiple sites looking for *just* the right card.

And finally, SideStep.com. SideStep is a travel search site not entirely unlike Travelocity and Orbitz. SideStep goes one step further, though, and actually searches other search sites. So SideStep will search Travelocity and Orbitz (among others) as well as search the airlines' main websites like AA.com (American Airlines), jetblue.com, united.com, etc. SideStep then ranks your options by price or time or airline. Just give it a minute or two to fully search all the sites (there's an progress bar on the lefthand side while it's searching) and you'll have your best options. Very useful and I highly suggest it. It's how Ash and I found tickets to Dallas this Christmas - and it ended up being cheaper to buy through AA.com directly than through Travelocity.

4 Comments:

At 11/22/2005 4:33 PM, Blogger Sign2Jill said...

Side step rules! Thanks so much for showing that to me and Sammie. We used it to buy our TG tickets!

 
At 11/22/2005 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are the SunRocket (for which you are the self-proclaimed spokesman) and iTunes links?

 
At 11/23/2005 9:24 AM, Blogger Hannah said...

This Sidestep.com of which you speak...I shall have to check it out.

Oh...and, as always, it was a pleasure to STOMP you in pinochle last night. ;)

 
At 11/23/2005 10:27 AM, Blogger JavaBoy said...

i will never leave you nor forsake you. techno-babble on!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home